Trenched Circuit Board Technology for Ultra HDI
If you are interested in working with this new technology, sign up below to request an evaluation and quote.
Catlam is a patented PCB technology developed by Sierra Circuits, Inc. This new 'trenched circuit board' eliminates etching from the fabrication process and produces sub-3mil trace/space in a reliable, consistent and cost-effective manner.
Traditional Printed Circuit Board
Trenched Circuit Board
• Uneven surface
• Uneven solder mask thickness
• Lack of adhesion for fine lines
• Blind via aspect ratio .75:1
• 4 mil laser drill, 8 mil pad
• Over & under etching creates plating non-uniformity
• Problems with resist, resolution, adhesion development
• 20 layer board, 92 mils thick
• Flat Surface
• Even solder mask thickness
• No adhesion problem - trace is in the laminate
• Blind Via aspect ratio is 1:1
• 2.5 mil laser drill, 3.5 mil pad
• Uniform electroless plating up to .5 oz
• No resist, no etching (makes isolated features possible)
• 20 layer board, 62 mils thick
© 2018 Sierra Circuits, Inc.